The program describes the multiple considerations required for the initiation of a successful telehealth (digital practice) program. Key criteria include reasons for implementation, patient types in your practice, vendor evaluations, technology availability, patient informed consent, federal/state/practice regulations, insurance/billing, and support of evidence. This course is directly related to the practice of physical therapy and is therefore appropriate for the PT/PTA.
- Participants will be able to identify at least three component steps required for the implementation of telehealth (digital practice) into existing clinical practice.
- Participants will be able to identify at least two regulatory and insurance considerations each.
- Participants will be able to describe at lest two potential clinical scenarios for digital practice.
- Participants will be able to identify at least three evidence-based strategies of telehealth use in patient care.
- Participants will be able to list at least four resources available in the telehealth/digital practice space.
|0-15 Minutes||Background, review of learning outcomes, terminology|
|15-30 Minutes||Steps for implementation|
|30-45 Minutes||Insurance and regulatory considerations|
|45-60 Minutes||Patient scenarios|
|60-75 Minutes||Evidence in digital practice|
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a PhysicalTherapy.com member.
PhysicalTherapy.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.