PT Course Details
Course # 1253
Wound Care: Basic Concepts and Treatments
Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm EDT
Cost: This course is included in a $99 CEU Total Access package.
Unlimited CEUs - Only $99/yr Buy Now
CEUs/Hours Offered: See All State Associations
Course Learning OutcomesPreview Exam
- List phases of normal wound healing.
- Identify arterial, venous, diabetic/neuropathic, and pressure ulcers based on clinical presentation.
- Differentiate between various dressing types and understand when to use them.
- List treatment options and goals of each.
- Identify when a wound is “atypical” and how to address atypical wounds.
- Identify when a patient should be referred to an outside specialist.
|0-10 Minutes||Overview and Background|
|10-40 Minutes||Wound Types|
|40-70 Minutes||Dressing options|
|70-100 Minutes||Treatment options|
|100-115 Minutes||Identify atypical wounds and when to refer out|
|115-120 Minutes||Q & A|
Average Rating(2 Reviews)
Most Recent Comments
Jennifer A Gardner, PT, DPT, MHA, CWS
Dr. Gardner has been a physical therapist for 15 years with the last 10 concentrated solely on wound care. She became a Certified Wound Specialist in 2001 and recently successfully passed her re-certification in October 2011. Currently, Dr. Gardner is employed at Underwood-Memorial Hospital as the Manager of Wound Care Services, supervising both inpatient wound care and the outpatient wound center. In addition, she has been adjunct professor at College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN for the last 7 years, teaching Integumentary to doctoral physical therapy students. Dr. Gardner has presented both nationally and internationally on various wound care topics and continues to participate in research studies on new concepts in wound healing.
Disclosure: I have presented posters on Medihoney that were sponsored by Dermasciences, Inc.
If you have any technical questions or problems related to this course,
please contact PhysicalTherapy.com toll free at 1-866-782-6258